This morning I went with Miss Prada to the airport. We had an emotional and fond farewell by the roadside:
"So, see ya in eight months then!"
"Yup...bye!"
Lots of goodbyes are happening at the moment as everyone goes off for their long summer. I'll be saying my final farewell in less than two weeks and then it'll be the bonny shores of Tyneside for me. I'm excited about so many things. I will make a list:
I can't wait to see:
red bricks in long rows of terraced houses
the meanders of the mighty Tyne
the swooping arch of the Millennium Bridge
the silver curves of the Sage
the sea
the criss-cross metal on the Tyne Bridge
a fifty pence piece
the Angel
I can't wait to hear:
northern accents
the radio
the news readers on Look North
children's voices yelling, "Miss Swales!"
the revving of the car engine as I turn the key
the old piano at church
my mam say, "The kettle's on..."
I can't wait to say:
ha'way man
toon
pavement
toilet
biscuit
cuppa
we'aye
man
eeeeeee
I am really enjoying Chicago, and I'm already looking forward to returning in January. Yet really I know that there truly is no place like home. We' aye man spuggie.
Love,
Miss Swales
PS If you haven't read about my monkey adventure already, make sure you check it out below!

0 comments:
Post a Comment