Wednesday, 10 June 2009

The Man With No Teeth (Part 2)

The Man With No Teeth began his story in a quiet, melodic tone.

"The place that I come from will never be told of in school, nor ever be mentioned on the news. It is not spoken of in fairy tales nor sung of in folk songs. It won't be found in an atlas, or located on a map..."

I made a mental note to look it up on Google Earth. Last week I'd managed to find my old red car parked outside my little house in Gateshead on Google Earth. A mysterious toothless land would be no problem.

"Yet," he continued, "If you were to listen to the salty waves on the shore of the ocean, you would hear its name whispered again and again. It calls to you."

"Calls to you?" I questioned.

"Oh yes, but my child, never answer the call. Never. This place be not for visitors. This place be full of shadows. Never answer that call, unless you wish to meet fear face-to-face."

I gulped, and began to fiddle nervously with my hot chocolate cup. Did I really want to hear more? 

2 comments:

amy r.c said...

I don't know if you wanted to hear more, but i certainly do!!!

Please tel me more as soon as you have more spare time!

Amy

P.S. Desperate to know
P.S. I am going to Dukeshouse Wood on Monday :D

Catherine said...

Oh, I certainly want to hear more! Please tell me the ending! Hope your having a wonderful time, Catherine x