I would have you choose your favourite place or building in the area, and we'd mask it out with tape. Then, over the top, we would spontaneously paint (with the thickest, gloopiest paint we could make) things about other places we like. For example, you could do St James' Park with an African scene behind it. Then, carefully (or not so carefully in my case) we'd peel off the tape and...tada, have a very abstract, slightly messy, but wonderfully enjoyable painting to hang up on the wall.
Can you tell which local landmarks I included in my pictures above? Do you have any ideas of local landmarks I could do next? Or any suggestions as to how you would improve the paintings above? (I have a lot of things I would change on them!) It's okay not to like them - art is about having opinions. As long as you have thought about it, and are willing to try and understand the other side, it's okay to disagree with people!
Well, I'm off to do some homework, make lion biscuits, make up actions for a song, learn some chords, play wink murder, tell a story, choose a posh outfit for a graduation and maybe, if I've time, have a nice cup of tea and a sit down...
Miss Swales

3 comments:
Did you enjoy our leavers assembley today, Miss Swales?
I hope u did! x
I certainly did! I thought some of those models were amazing...nice posing!
Thank you!
I felt like a popstar!
I was so sad that I had to leave Kelvin! :-(
Post a Comment