Wednesday, 10 March 2010

snippets of yet-to-be-written-but-perhaps-already-experienced stories



I think this is going to be a week of stories. It's only Wednesday morning, and I already have several that I've experienced. I also have several that I have not experienced, but that would be fun to write. Below are some snippets of these yet-to-be-written-but-perhaps-already-experienced stories. The reasons for writing these snippets are two-fold:

1. I think it's sometimes rather nice to do things back-to-front, like writing the end before the beginning, or the snippet before the the whole.
Or sometimes, I decide what tights to wear before I decide what outfit to wear (today I went for yellow). 

2. I don't know which story to write, and I have a vain hope that people (you know, the 12 people that read this blog) may comment below and tell me. Now, I know this probably won't happen, but it's worth a try.

The Best House in All of Chicago... we walked past the bright pink door, round the giant silver moose, up the ancient wooden steps and alongside the multi-coloured railings. One of us knocked. The others waited. Then the door swung open. We gasped; we couldn't believe our eyes...

Alice in Chicagoland... My tights were stripy that day and, in my bright blue frilly dress, I felt a little conspicuous. What made it worse,  for me anyway, is the fact that I was bent over by the side of the street trying not to vomit into a trash can. It wasn't my fault, of course. I mean, after the events I'd just experienced, anyone would feel the need to throw up...

From Russia, with Love..."Come in," she said, and beckoned us through the glass door and past the endless boxes of wool. "You know why I close early?" We shook our rain-drenched heads. "I shut it early because I am by myself, and because I don't want them to kill me..."






1 comments:

Nat Churl Disaster said...

I want to hear about the Russian wool lady.

-Chris