"There she sat and cried
There she sat and wept
There she sat beside the grave
Where the rainbows crept..."
She could not remember how long she sat there, but eventually her rain soaked clothes dried and the sun warmed her goosebumps away. The flowers, laid so tenderly on the newly dug soil, had started to wilt and her head had begun its familiar dull ache. The vicar, watching from his study window, had long since ceased to wonder when she would leave and had now started to consider whether or not he should ask his wife to fetch the girl some sandwiches. It seemed, so he thought, that she might become a permanent fixture.

3 comments:
I hope that it turns into more than a beginning. It would be a shame to leave it untold. I might just make up the rest and keep it all to myself. But I'm sure that whatever would come out of you based on this would be drastically different than what would come from me, especially seeing as you've got context on where this came from.
Oh, I already know how it finishes...but it's not one for the blog. I doubt you'd like it. We'll see...
I want to hear the end too :)
Post a Comment