Thursday, 15 April 2010

Right Now

If a circus came through town and asked me to join right now, I would. I would wear sequins every night and perform death-defying antics whilst riding on the back of a bejewelled elephant.

If an ice cream drove past my apartment building right now, I would hi-jack it. I would leap dramatically through the open window, tie up the driver with strawberry laces, and drive it out of the city and towards the ever stagnant horizon.

If someone asked me to go camping right now, I would. I would throw mismatched clothes into my stripy bag, stuff some dollar notes in my pocket, cry "Peace Out!" to my room mates and disappear.

If someone invented a skateboard that could fly and asked me to test it right now, I would. I would strap my feet in firmly, put on my sunglasses, yell triumphantly down Magnificent Mile, zoom over the heads of weary shoppers and land on the other side of the lake.

If you could do anything right now, I wonder what it would be, and I wonder if you really would do it. I would.


0 comments: