It didn't come.
The wind, rather than rushing by my ears in an alarming warning, seemed to quieten and my body began to lighten. I opened up my eyes nervously, wondering if perhaps the impact had caused my sudden and untimely death and that I would see my broken body lying beneath me. No. No body, no broken bones jutting out of my skin, no shocked onlookers, no sirens... just the playground becoming smaller and smaller as I magically soared through the air.

3 comments:
hi miss swales
havent talked to you for ages
because of school
so are you coming to kelvin grove any time soon?
or are you staying in Chicago?
bye for now
xx
Did you give up on blogging?
you haven't blogged in forever but i really liked this story. ;) I used to actually believe when I was a little kid that when I jumped off the swingset I really actually COULD fly. it was the best. and maybe perhaps, living in my little childhood fairytale...it might have been true.
Post a Comment