Friday, 10 October 2008

Well hello,

I heard rumours that you had some important visitors to the school this week. I have also heard rumours that they were impressed with what they saw. I'm not surprised. I wish I could just pop over and see you all; I am really missing teaching you all. Although its quite funny that I have been teaching some people over here all about VCOP and I even showed them Kung Fu Punctuation (which  I hope you all still practise every day even if you are now at Big School!). However, its just not the same as teaching Geordie kids. You all have that special something about you...you make it easy to have fun teaching!

I am back for a holiday in December so I should be able to come and visit you and watch the Christmas plays. I wonder what exciting ideas your teachers have for that; how will they beat a Dr Who Nativity?!? I would also love to take some lessons again and try and impress you with my American accent. I am secretly practising so that I can get off the plane and shock my family! 

Let me tell you a little about my daily life here. It consists of three main parts: work, study, play. I have a job in the kitchen at my University. Basically, I help the Dinner Ladies chop cucumbers and ensure no one runs out of orange juice. It's a very important job and I get to wear a hat. I also get free food. I think, after being a teacher, its the best job in the world. 

I have 4 main classes. Each lesson lasts three hours..three hours!!! They are nothing like the lessons you have at KG. We never dress up for example. Its very sad.

I do have time to spend with all my new friends. I have friends from Uganda, Romania, Philippines, Australia, Dominican Republic, Malaysia, Honk Kong, India, Sri Lanka, South Carolina, California, New Jersey, Texas...I could go on. Why not challenge your teachers to see if they can tell you where all those places are without looking it up on Google. Don't tell them I suggested it!

My cup of tea has gone cold, which means its time for me to do some homework.

Toodle Pips,

Your beloved Miss Swales

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi miss swales.

LOving this blog so much its bassically just you and me talking on here i mean nobody else comes on lol! Guess what...I am already planning birthday and christmas prezzies for friends.
When you come over in december are you coming in to Jswan?
Hopefully, you wont be saying stuff like Candy or other america things if you do you will just be like my uncle adam who is from america but lives her now but fortunely we have manege to turn him into a wey i man speeking man but still with a america acent.Imagen that!! Anyway got to go this post was a short one Bye Bye... Catherine xx