Wednesday, 5 November 2008

The Audy Home

I'm in the library. Sshhh!

Last Sunday I visited the Audy Home, which is basically a prison for children aged 10-16. We went to all the different sections and did 'church' for them. It was hard seeing children the same age as all of you being in such conditions. One of the boys said it was his third time in there and it was because, "I made lots of wrong choices." Some of them said that when they get out they are going to 'sort themselves out' but most of them don't seem to have people to help them do that. There were alot of lonely children in that place. Lots of the children there have missed a lot of school. This is going to make it very difficult when they get out and become adults. I'm going to try and see if I can teach in the small school that they have there and will hopefully use all the things that you taught me at KG to help the children here in Chicago.

Love,

Miss Swales

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is Mrs Demspey attemptimg to say hello withoutactually becoming a facebook person! Love reading your blog and have been thinking of you ...especially at this amazing time in US history..were you at Grand Park for Obamas party?
LOoking forward to seeing you at school near Xmas...glad you're having fun and of course, working hard!! J xx

Anonymous said...

Hi miss swales,Catherine and mary reporting from her house, Catheirne has been here all day and we have been trying out some new styles, send us your e-mail address and we will send you our new styles and you can see if you like them! Catherine and Mary xx

amy r.c said...

are you really comin back to see us for christmas? it is strange in school not having u for assembelys. i am in mrs evereds class and she is cool! she does lots of fun things with us we had a greek day last thursday and we all dressed up in year 6[even the teachers]we had a really fun day and we made masks,tiles,posters and clay pots. it was really fun and we all enjoyed it.
still wishing u were at KG.
amy rc x

Miss Swales said...

Oh, I miss you all!!!

Anonymous said...

It is official! ML is Back!!!
Emmnuel is great! Missing Kelvin though. I have just started y7 and i am in the school play. (A Christmas Carol, five pounds a ticket or 3 pound consession for anyone interested. December 10, 11 12.)
Speek to you again soon.
Matthew Laidlaw.

safa said...

hi mrs swales
hope your having a great time in chicago. The school miss you soooooooooo much so please come back!I am in mrs tuners and mrs brights class it is really good plese come back.
from safa xx