Greetings Kiddywinks!
I used to have a teacher that called us kiddywinks all the time. This teacher was when I was at University..so far too old to be an actual kiddywink. I don't think she realised how patronising it was.
(Patronising, by the way, is when people say or do something that makes you feel younger or not as clever as you are.)
Well, tomorrow (or it might be Tuesday) is when you all go back to school. I wish I was coming with you. I know you might not believe it but I have actually been dreaming about teaching for the past week. I really miss it. I am a little excited about going back to America though. Apparently, its very cold there at the moment. Someone told me that it's so cold the inside of your nose freezes. I have a strange fear that somehow my hair will freeze then snap off. I think it goes back to the time my brothers hoovered my hair up and burnt off about 15 cm of my hair. I'm worried something like that might happen again. It wasn't very nice at all, although my brothers found it hilarious (until, that is, my mam found out...then they stopped laughing soon enough!).
Well, my little special kiddywinks, (that is irony. Irony is when you say someting when really you mean the opposite. So I am pretening to be patronising when really I mean the opposite - that you are all old enough and clever enough to understand irony. See how educational this blog is. I will award you 5 HP if you can get either of those wow words in your comments back to me.) anyway, as I was saying...time to go. I still have some Christmas chocolate left to gobble!
Love,
Miss Swales

0 comments:
Post a Comment