Sunday, 19 April 2009

The Word That Must Not Be Spoken

Back in the days of old (about a year ago) I was with you all preparing for...I find it hard to even bring myself to say the word yet surely, after all this time, it won't have the same effect...SATs. I said it. I wish I hadn't. It still has the same effect. I will try and describe it for you, although I think most of you will know the feeling all too well. Let me use some metaphors and similes. I warn you, I may get carried away...

When I hear the word SATs it:

...starts a knot in my stomach that begins as a worm then grows into a dragon, twisting and turning and spurning and spiralling almost out of control.

...makes my mouth turn into a desert.

....causes me to feel trapped, like a lonely man in a prison cell.

...makes me want to scream like howling wind.

SATs made me feel nervous; I wanted you all to do your best. I wanted you to show everyone (teachers, parents, the governors, inspectors...) how amazingly talented and imaginative and unique you all are. However, it also made me furious that this was tested by pieces of paper. How can you show all the beautiful parts of your characters in a test? It still gets me angry. My blood is boiling right now! Yet in saying all that I still want you, mainly because we all have to, do absolutely amazing on your SATs this year just to show everyone else that you can, make everyone stand up and take notice. Our school is great...even if I'm not there!  ;-)

Anyway, wow, I really went on a bit there. I'm sure you all got bored and began to dream about Zac Efron or Hannah Montana or Top Gear or Twilight or whatever crazy things you kids think about these days. 

Speaking of crazy things, I watched a bit of Britain's Got Talent on You Tube today. I miss Ant and Dec. I miss Simon Cowell.

And another crazy thing (you should never start your sentences with 'and'....) I am coming home in June and will be in England until Christmas!! Werhoo! Bring on the yorkshire puddings!!

At the bottom I'm going to add some pictures for you. Enjoy!

Love,

Miss Swales

The photos didn't work...maybe next time!

2 comments:

amy r.c said...

hello miss swales,

I am dreadin the SATs as they are very soon, however I am going to try and do my best.

Will u be back b4 we break up for the summer holidays??

love from Amy x

safa said...

hi miss swales

im getting really worried about the sats but im gonna try my best oh and i lost my emmanuall homework uh oh!! i cant wait till u come back to england is your birthday coming up?

love from safa xx