Sunday, 12 July 2009

Some Random Thoughts

Miss Swales and her niece and nephew. Don't get on their bad side...


Well, here I sit, listening to The Beach Boys (ask your parents...or your grandparents) and wondering whether I'll need sun cream or an umbrella for the beach tomorrow. Best pack both.

I have just been talking to America. Not the whole of it  (that would be impressive) but just Miss Prada. It is a little strange being between two worlds. What I find particularly strange is knowing that the world of America is happening about 6 hours behind ours. Miss Prada was just finishing her dinner (lunch, as they would say Down South and in America) and I'm thinking about a late night supper.

Tonight, at my church, we celebrated the 90th birthday of Mr George. He plays the piano for us. He was born in 1919. That's just after the FIRST world war. Imagine the changes he's seen! I find it difficult to get my head around that one.

My favourite joke:

(mainly because it's the only one I can remember and also because I think being a pirate would be amazing...)

Why are pirates called pirates?

Because they Arrrrr!


Turn your head to the side and see Miss Prada studying.


0 comments: