Saturday, 28 November 2009

The Fog On The Tyne

It's Saturday morning. I have Things To Do. 

However, instead I am taking a moment to look across the mighty River Tyne and watch the fog slowly rise. I think it might actually end up being a beautiful day. 

There is something special about the River Tyne. 



Every time I walk past this sight I end up singing 'Neon Rainbow'. 
(You know, the song they play after the breaks on the X Factor whilst you watch people do snazzy things with torches.)


I absolutely love walking across the Tyne Bridge on a Blue Sky Day.
(This bridge was the model for the Sydney Harbour Bridge. I have seen this bridge also. Not as nice as ours, but I did see a whale whilst I was on it, so maybe it does have some advantages...)


The Sage is the strangest looking building I have ever come across but I can't help but love how its curves mirror the meanders of the Tyne.
(I once performed in the Sage in front of hundreds of people. It was a very funny evening, especially when the trombonist started playing, but that's another story...)

Choosing a favourite bridge is like being asked to choose a favourite child... 



0 comments: