Monday, 30 November 2009

Tomorrow is...

...my birthday and I'll cry if I want to, cry if I want to...

However, I do not want to cry. 
(An aside, I generally only ever cry at films and books and things that are made up. Sometimes, if I've read the book before, I'll even start tearing up before I get to the sad part where Matthew dies and poor Anne has to live with her red pigtails and freckles without anyone around her that understands her plight...)

Instead, in honour of this special day, I will make a list. It will be 21 items long because, of course, that's how old I will be...*

21 Things About Me You Never Wanted To Know But Soon Will:

1. I was explicitly told not to open the presents I received early but I could not help it so I ripped open all the layers and now feel a little guilty. I can't help it. I have no self-control when it comes to presents.
2. My hair colour is Golden Sunset. I discovered this after extensive research in a chemist once matching my hair to all the different boxes and samples of hair colours.
3. Even though I know my hair colour is Golden Sunset some people still call it ginger.
4. Ginger rhymes with whinger. My brothers worked this out.
5. Ginger also rhymes with ninja. My brothers found this out after calling me Ginger Whinger.
6. When I was little I could speak Vietnamese.
7. I love to build dens and forts and dress up like a pirate.
8. I own so many fancy-dress costumes that they fit into three giant boxes, a giant treasure chest and a giant frog-shaped bag.
9. I like to tell stories.
10. I don't like to use a brush when I paint.
11. I don't really like CAPITAL LETTERS.
12. I'm actually very shy.
13. I was so shy at school that they sent me to a speech therapist because they thought I couldn't speak.
14. I once had a dream that I was eaten alive by a nursery child and so now I refuse to teach that age group.
15. I can't stand the thought of eating fish.
16. I always thought Wendy was a softie when she wanted to go home instead of hanging out with Peter Pan.
17. I love pasta.
18. I can speak German.
19. I am very impressed that you have kept reading up until this point.
20. I sucked my thumb until I was 11.
21. I once got stuck up a tree for hours surrounded by 20 killer cows, but that's another story...


Happy Birthday to me!

4 comments:

Miss Watts said...

nice list :) think AoGG may be the next set of books I reread!!

Happy Birthday (nearly lol!!) :D

Michelle said...

Happy Birthday Rachel. I read your whole list! Enjoy your day. Tell your Mam and Dad hello from America!

Lynn said...

Happy late birthday! I stopped by coz I noticed your post at Nat's, and chuckled at your "zed." I'm Canadian, and we say zed there, too. Then I married an American guy and moved south. Last name Rutz. I always have to spell my name when asked for it, because it's unusual, and I'd automatically use zed, because that's the correct way to pronounce that letter. Duh. Unfortunately, I have had to cave and learn to use zee down here because nobody, and I mean no. bo. dy otherwise knows what letter I am referring to. Tragic. :oD

Miss Swales said...

Thanks Allegria...I'm torn between US and UK spellings/pronunciations as I've just spent a year in Chicago. I'm fiercely loyal to the UK but honestly, sometimes, as you say, we have to cave in... :(

Thanks for stopping by!

God save the Queen!