Tuesday, 3 November 2009

Meet My Sisters...



Okay, I admit it. These aren't really my sisters. It's a little obvious; they don't have the Swales nose. Lucky things.

Even though we aren't really sisters, it doesn't matter. What's so important about matching last names and skin tones anyway? So, these are my sisters. My two little sisters.

Let me tell you a little bit about them. The littlest one is one of the most hilarious people I have ever met. I find that not many people make me genuinely laugh out loud, but she does. All the time. She is clever with her funniness; this is sometimes called being witty. She is witty. And also very ticklish. These are two very important qualities for a person to have.

The oldest one, the one that is so tall she can now steal all my clothes and look better in them, is one of the kindest people I have ever met. She is friendly to everyone, even those people that don't really deserve it, or that no one else wants to be friendly with. She also likes to talk. Alot. Whenever we meet we always timetable in the first 15 minutes for her to talk about her day. She normally goes over this time limit, but that's okay... she always has interesting things to share.

My sisters and I hang out quite a lot. Yesterday we made some weird shortbread cakes with organic icing sugar (normally I am against organic food that's overpriced and strangely coloured, but this turned out alright). We managed to resist eating more than one each and made the rest into little gifts to give to people for no other reason than we like them*. 

After we made our gifts we tried on my new giant coat that I recently purchased in anticipation of the cold, cold Chicago winter I will shortly be returning to. It is packed with feathers and makes me look deliciously fat. We also worked out that if we zip it all the way up it completely covers my head. This is handy for when I need a quick disguise or hiding place. You'd be surprised at how often I need those.

Well, thank you for meeting part of my family. I hope you have a lovely day. I plan to.



*This (giving people something they haven't earned or don't deserve) is called grace. It's one of my favourite words (and actually the middle name of one of my sisters). 


1 comments:

Miss Watts said...

Your sisters are lovely :D and I can agree that there is lots of laughter when they are around!!