It happened like this.
I'm sat on the chair in another teacher's class room. I'm trying to remember just how to do this teaching malarkey. I'm looking at the eager faces of 23 six-year-olds. Most of them don't remember when I was a teacher at the school, although I get the usual comments:
"Did you teach my big sister Sarah?"
"Do you know my cousin Alfred?"
"Do you remember my brother's uncle's grandad?"
I normally answer yes, ask how they are now, and hope I'm telling the truth.
This day, a new child was in the class.
"What's your name?" he asked in front of the class.
"Miss Wonderful!" I promptly answered.
"Okay." he said.
And henceforth that is how I was known, until they got confused and called me Miss Pretty.
I did not complain.
Today I went back to the class. I was called:
Miss Wonderful
Miss Pretty
Miss Amazing
Miss Best
Miss Beautiful
and, my favourite:
Miss Superman.
I think I may get my name changed by Deed Pol.
And in other news...
I had this 6ft almost-man doing some work experience in the class with me. I used to be his teacher.
Yikes.


0 comments:
Post a Comment