My story has gone.
But don't worry - a poem comes in its place!
"Hoorah!" you cry, "A poem!" Yes, a poem. The best thing about poetry is that, a bit like abstract art, you can write whatever you want and even make up words. It doesn't matter because, if anyone says that they don't understand it, you can look all superior and say things like, "Ah well, not everyone can understand the poetical rantings of a lyrical genius... it takes a certain type." And they can put that on their needles and knit it*.
The Week Before The Week Before Christmas
It was a...
snow crunching
cuddle getting
ice skating
snowball throwing
book reading
chocolate drinking
two sock wearing
neck warming
movie making
carol singing
hand holding
nose dripping
tree decorating
paper cutting
wig wearing
story telling
present getting
crisp munching
cracker pulling
statue holding
soup slurping
telly watching
clothes packing
whisper sharing
ladder climbing
star gazing
pizza nibbling
santa searching
parcel passing
window gazing
wolf howling
...kind of week.
There, it's finished. I hope you like it. It was a true-to-life poem.
How was your Week Before The Week Before Christmas Week? Be brave and leave a comment...I know you're out there.
* Speaking of knitting, my friend Miss Watts knitted me an amazing neck warmer for Christmas and it's delicious. I have worn it every day since she gave it to me. It has a giant button on it and I think, if you saw me in it, you would be jealous. Jealous and cold.

1 comments:
Well. I was working. Then came the week before Christmas. My family did not notice I was there. I was very sad and lonely mostly I just slept during the day and then I woke up and watched the telly all night and ate. A lot!
Miss Prada
Post a Comment