For the first time in over two years I am actually away on holiday
and it's lovely.
The first few days were spent at my brother's house.
You never have to set an alarm clock when you stay with his family...
The first morning, at about 6am, I was woken by tiny feet and scurrying hands at my door. Master Benji, my very red-headed, newly-turned four-year-old nephew, managed to work his way into my room and soon had his head beside me on the pillow. In the half-light of the morning he whispered this wonderful secret into my ear:
"Later on today...
we are going to have spaghetti
with meatballs and sausages
and won't that be yummy!?!"
Then he disappeared from my room as quickly as he arrived.
And, I ask you, how could I go back to sleep after that?

2 comments:
sounds fab! I would also be interested in such an alarm clock ;) hopefully see you soon!
i love this. i'm gonna have to meet benji someday. :)
Post a Comment