Thursday, 1 July 2010

Lions and Tigers and Hamsters, Oh My!

Once upon a time...

I love those four words. They really don't make a lot of sense yet don't they just make you tingle with excitement?

Once upon a time there lived a lady who lived in a tree. Her tree was bright pink (except on a Sunday when it turned lime green). When I say she lived in the tree, I mean just that. In the hollow of the old tree she had made her home, electric cooker and all. It had several levels which you travelled up, not on the usual spiral staircase, but on a unique pulley system. The little lady (of course she was very little, otherwise the oak tree would have been a tight fit) would fix herself to a metal hook by means of a small loop on her belt, press a large blue button, and zoom up the flights as quickly as a hamster up a trouser leg (which is very quick, I can tell you).

See, four simple words can lead to all sorts of nonsense, and nonsense is my favourite of the human's six senses. I mean, is there really any competition... being able to smell is so very medicore, but being able to make no sense whatsoever is truly delightful. Wouldn't you agree?

Oh, and also, hamsters do travel very quickly up trouser legs. I have seen it with my own eyes.

And... never make a maze out of books on the floor for your hamster when your Mam is about to step through the door. It can get very messy, so my Dad tells me.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nonsense is by far the greatest of the senses.