Tuesday, 27 January 2009

ice Skating and Wotsits

Wow, I thought I'd quickly check my blog but found I had gazillions (well, ten) comments. I'm sorry I haven't been on sooner. To summarise my answers to the comments: I won't be back in England until June and yes I had a great time over the holidays. I love all the comments, you all make me laugh!

Well, here in Chi-town it is extremely cold. Last week it got down to -20 degrees celsius. Believe me, that's cold. Your forehead freezes (handy to get rid of all those wrinkles) and ice forms INSIDE your windows. There is snow everywhere, although it's starting to look a little grey now. Still, there's always a chance to make a snow angel, so who's complaining...

Here's something I will complain about. I went ice skating for the second time last week. The first time I was, quite simply, amazing. Have you been watching 'Dancing on Ice'? I was better than that, honestly. However, this time...well...I don't really like to admit it...I'm a little embarrassed...erm...I fell over endlessly. The first time was just a little stumble at the edge, no one saw me. I wasn't hurt. The second time - oh dear. I literally flew forward through the air, my arms flapping, and landed on my face. In the middle of the ice rink. Oh the shame. The third time (yes, there was a third time!) I fell backwards and sat there looking dazed. I still have the bruises. Ouch. At one point this giant man (he was huge) came zooming towards me and hugged me to stop himself falling over. It was an interesting experience. I won't be defeated though. I'll go back soon enough. What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger...

Sunderland play Newcastle this weekend. C'mon the Black Cats!

Well, I should do some homework and finish my hot chocolate.

Love, 

Miss Swales

PS This week I am mostly missing Wotsits and Terraced Houses.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hiya miss swales get ya messages and hope ya av a gd time n canada but were bouts u goin please answer on my blog xx nikki

safa said...

hi miss swales
i hope u get better soon ive never been ice skating but i really want to i thinlk its funny how that man came to hug you!well must dash mrs turner gave us lots of homework
bye for now xx

Anonymous said...

Helllo Miss Swales ,,

Bet You Where Better than Dancing on Icee ,, LOL.
Its The School Holidays Which Equals FREEDOM YAY!
JSS Where off half the day on Thursday because of the heavy snow and if it kept up we would of all been trap there for the half term so it closed at 2.00 ,, I was just in the middle of a Geography lesson and I dont like Geography or the teacher teaching so it was great. Glad Where keeping in contact and just to say love reading your blog and seeing the pictures so please keep posting. Byee ,, Catherinee x

amy r.c said...

hi miss swales,

Sorry i have not wrote anything on your blog lately. i have been checking it though to see if you have put anything else on. I am loving yr 6! hope you are loving America. Speak to you soon,

amy rc xx
p.s when are you coming back to the North East?