It's raining.
My mam (who has just had some Quite Serious Brain Zapping Treatment) and I are walking (slowly, due to aforementioned Quite Serious Brain Zapping Treatment) to the shops.
I am wondering about how many jungle props the shop will have (turns out, none at all...).
I spot a group of almost fully grown adults sitting on the steps. They are eating pasties from Gregg's. This is normal Northern behaviour, so I don't take a second glance.
I am about to step through the doors of the shop when I hear it, yelled across the town centre.
"Miss Swales!!!!!!!"
It's the group of almost fully grown adults. It turns out I used to be their teacher.
I wave, sheepishly.
I feel old.


2 comments:
I was also feeling old this week when I found out that some of the first children I had had at my nursery are off looking around Comps to apply to start next year - it really is rather scary!
hi miss swales,
im so sorry i havent posted a comment on your blog lately, ive just been sooo busy with school. but now it is the holidays i can relax and i now have time to post something on your blog.
i really hope that you are ok abd are still enjoying your time in england(i think u r still her, but i am not sure soo...).
scribble back and let me know how you are.
love amy xx
Post a Comment