Dear Sky,
Why were you so white and sunless yesterday? What have I done to upset you? Did you really have to wait until I had left the house before you cried your heavy tears? Couldn't you have remained bright and blue for just a few more days?
Dear Umbrella,
Where were you when I needed you?
Dear Bridge,
When did you become so long? Last week I was able to skip across you in a matter of a few merry minutes. Yesterday decades passed by as I dragged my sodden boots over your grey tarmac. I thought we were friends. It seems your love for me was fickle.
Dear Cars,
Didn't you see the big puddle at the side of the road? Didn't you see me cowering at the edge of the path? Couldn't you have just steered a little to the right? Didn't you realise that I had no escape? Did you enjoy seeing the puddle rise up and overcome me as you sped through it? I hope your tyres rust.
Dear Bus Driver,
I saw it. I saw you smile as you followed the cars and splashed me again. I don't know how you sleep at night.
Dear Hood,
Thank you. You did your best. You can't help it if you're not waterproof. Thank you for attempting to keep me dry. Thank you for the sound the raindrops made on you as the fell from the sky. It was like walking in a tent. A very soggy tent.
Dear Shelter,
I love you.

0 comments:
Post a Comment